Worktops are no doubt a very important aspect of your kitchen. This is because you need adequate counter space when cooking. Kitchen countertops are available in different styles and types that you can choose from to ensure the kitchen is not only easy to work in but also stands out in terms of style.
If you are looking for something elegant, stunning and long lasting, you will do well to consider earthstone worktops that are made using 28mm chipboard and acrylic surface that is bonded to its front and top faces. Earthstone worktops will look wonderful in the kitchen especially when complemented with wooden kitchen cabinets and splashbacks.
One of the greatest selling points of earthstone worktops is the fact that when fitted properly, they have seamless joints thereby giving them an attractive and stunning finish that sets it apart from laminate worktops. You need to find an expert handyman to fit these worktops – John Travers is the best handyman in Dublin.
Besides, this worktop comes in different colours hence you can easily settle for a colour that complements the colour scheme of your kitchen. In most cases, the choice of design is dependent on the colour scheme of the kitchen as well as the durability and maintenance of then surface.
Earthstone kitchen worktops are highly durable hence long lasting. This can be attributed to the fact that they are non-porous hence do not allow the penetration of stains and even fluids. In addition, this surface also inhibits the growth of bacteria and mould making it very hygienic. This is especially good news if you are expecting a baby! Friends of my recently went for gender selection and had a baby via IVF, they had Earthstone tops put in their kitchen and have never been happier.
While it is said to be heat resistant, you will do well to avoid placing very hot pans especially those from the oven directly on the surface. Instead, you need to protect the surface with the help of worktop savers and trivets. Moreover, be sure to use your chopping board when slicing food. Keep things like electric trolling motor batteries away from your earthstone as they can corrode and stain the worktop.
Even then, you need to keep in mind that these work surfaces will be scratched over time but these can be removed by polishing. Keep in mind that some earthstone worktops UK especially the dark ones will show marks and scratches easily than those that are light coloured. Most importantly, you need to understand that like any other solid surface worktop, cheap earthstone worktops are bound to develop surface scratches. In addition, you will need to avoid spillages and if any, then be sure to wipe off immediately.
Even then, this solid surface worktop has both advantages and disadvantages just like any other worktop. Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of earthstone worktops UK that you need to know before buying:
- Earthstone worktops can be installed with inconspicuous joints that give it a smooth, sleek and modern finish.
- These worktops are non-porous making them resistant to common strains while preventing the buildup of bacteria.
- Minor scratches can be removed through polishing as part of the regular maintenance procedure while more severe bumps and marks can be gotten rid of through sanding.
- Earthstone kitchen worktops are a lot cheaper than quartz and granite worktops.
- These worktops are easy to install even though you will do well to get a professional fitter to install for your
Earthstone worktops UK present two major disadvantages that include the following:
- Although they are cheaper to maintain, cheap earthstone worktops require a special kit to ensure that they remain in a good state for a long time.
- The earthstone worktops tend to get scratches easily. This is particularly true for those worktops that either have the lightest or darkest colours.
Earthstone kitchen worktops are a great choice not only for their functional value but also for also aesthetic value. In fact, with these worktops you are guaranteed of getting value for your money.